– Starting the Scense Client will show an Executive problem message
– The debug log shows “Error: (-2147023175) Automation error” while trying to communicate with the Scense Engine
– The scense Diagnostic tool shows the “Error: (-2147023175) Automation error” message while trying to comunicate with the Scense Engine
This problem occurs because of improper configuration of the port range settings in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftRpcInternet registry key or because the port restrictions for a protocol are configured through the DCOMCNFG protocol property page.
The decimal presentation (-2147023175) equals the hexadecimal presentation (0x800706b9) of the error message. The message means: “Not enough resources ae available to complete this operation”
To easily convert the decimal- to the hexadecimal presentation use the calculator in Scientific mode (Windows XP) or Programmer mode (Windows 7). Simply copy and paste the decimal value (incl. the minus sogn) into the calculator. Switch to Hexadecimal view and use unly the rightmost 8 characters.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 : How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
Instructions for manual fixing
You can resolve this problem by deleting the following registry key:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. This starts Registry Editor.
2. In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
3. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, double-click Software, double-click Microsoft, and then double-click Rpc.
4. Under RPC, select Internet.
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete to delete the key.
6. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
7. Click Start, and then click Shut Down. Select Restart in the list, and then click OK to restart the computer
– RPC Services Fail: Not Enough Resources Available to Complete This Operation (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246784)
The described behavior is ‘as designed’.
The information in this article applies to: