In a very limited number of occasions, we received information about new Scense clients not being installed automatically by the Scense update service after an upgrade of a Scense environment. If this occurs, some settings at your Scense Server need to be checked. To check and correct the regarding configuration settings, please follow the next steps:
- Log on at you Scense Server with administrator credentials.
- Select at the Start Menu: Administrative Tools -> Component Services.
- Look for the Com+ Application Scense Update and open the Property page.
- Open the Security tab and check the setting Authentication Level for Calls
- Correct the setting to “None” if necessary and apply with the OK button
- Select the folder Components of the COM+ Application Scense Update.
- Look for the component Scense_UpdCmp.Scense_Upd and open the Property page.
- Open the Activation tab and check the setting Enable object pooling.
- Uncheck this setting if necessary and apply with the OK button.
- Activate your changes, by shutting down the COM+ Application Scense Update:
- Scense Update will restart automatically by calls from the Scense Update Service running at the workstations.
When questions or problems still arise, please feel free to contact email@example.com